Statistics reported that there are about 15,000 injuries and 200 deaths that happen annually due to back-up accidents. Because of this, U.S. safety regulators are already requiring all vehicles to have backup cameras installed after May 2018. Having a good rear visibility can actually save lives of many families by preventing tragic auto accidents to happen. Especially for larger vehicles such as trucks and SUVs, backup cameras are highly effective since it provides better visibility to the driver.
Longhorn Truck Accessories in San Antonio Texas lists down some safety tips to avoid backup accidents and backup camera installation.
How to avoid backup accidents
- It is best to find out your truck’s blind spots before attempting to back up. Don’t rely solely on mirrors since it won’t give you the whole picture.
- It is better to avoid backing up altogether. You can do a little panning instead. Avoid putting yourself in situations where in backing up is unavoidable. Always have an alternative exit strategy prepared.
- Better to do a quick walk around the vehicle before backing out of a parking space or driveway.
- When driving in a place unfamiliar to you, it is better to use a spotter to avoid difficult situations.
- Having a back up camera installed in your truck is a great way to improve your overall safety. Backup cameras can also give you a real-time view of what’s going on.
For backup camera products and installation, you can check out Longhorn Truck Accessories in San Antonio Texas. We carry only the best heavy duty truck accessories for your truck. For 14 years, Longhorn Truck Accessories has been helping truck owners in San Antonio and surrounding counties transform the truck they have into the truck they need and always wanted. By equipping all makes and models with heavy duty truck accessories and other custom products, Longhorn has built a reputation as the best truck outfitter in central and south Texas. If you have inquiries, concerns or want to learn more about the heavy duty truck accessory options out there, just contact Longhorn Truck Accessories.